Monday, January 26, 2015

Transfers & sneaky plans

There is not much to report this week except my companion, Elder Geilman, is leaving and going to my first area - Sibu!!! I am so sad to say good-bye to him- he is such an inspirational guy and a church doctrinal library! He is so incredible and I am confident he will continue to be a successful missionary where ever he goes. I am proud to have served along side with him as his companion and I am anxious to see his future successes as a missionary. 

The work is Miri is slowing down a little bit, but we hope with the Chinese New Year opportunities will be opening up that we can find people to share the gospel with by going into their homes and allowing them to feel the power of the Spirit. I'm very excited for Chinese New year because it seems like for 2 weeks the doors of all the Chinese people just open to almost anybody and it's almost like a free passage in the door!  So we are hoping to go around, simply meeting as many people as we can,  so when the fireworks begin we will have already met everybody in Miri and then we can come back for Chinese New Year and maybe actually get in some houses. It'll be great and I feel really sneaky for doing it -  But anything goes when it comes to teaching the gospel! Am I right?!

Pictures of the zone all together with our zone t-shirts and hanging out on the beach







Love you all and have a happy week!


Elder Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment