Monday, August 4, 2014

Crazy Companion Week!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are Sitiawan's missionaires! and we know you just have one question... "Who is Elder Hanks's companion?"


We were waiting for our mission president's call last Monday and we were looking forward to it all day...but it never came. We waited Tuesday... it never came. Elder Loke knew he would be leaving on Friday morning and we started to get nervous. Wednesday came and still no call so I finally texted the AP's and was like "WHAT'S GOING ON?" They quickly called me and explained that my new companion would be coming on Friday in the afternoon.

The answer is....
ELDER TAN!!!!! 
Who is Elder Tan? Elder Tan is awesome!!! 

He is from Penang, another area in my zone so that means I have another companion from Malaysia and is actually serving near his home. He has been serving for a little over a year; a year and two months and I have to say he is my CHINESE TWIN! He is kind of skinny, like me, and although he is 21 years old he has a lot of the same personalities and likes. He is super easy to get along with and will help me out a lot here in Sitiawan. The only thing is that it's very rare for native missionaries to serve in their home districts so we are thinking that his stay in Sitiawan will only be temporary.  WE DON'T KNOW what will happen next week when real transfers happen....!  Ahhhhh! 


(last couple of pictures with Elder Loke) 
With Elder Loke leaving this past week there was a lot to do and a lot to celebrate. The branch threw him a good-bye party and it was a great party ! We had a lot of people and families come! It is also a great event to have investigators and less actives come.
So Elder Loke left on Friday and was so happy so see his family. I waited a few hours and then my new companion, Elder Tan, pulled up to the house looking ready to go. I had actually seen Elder Tan before in Singapore one time and was so excited to see him again as my new companion. It will be fun with him!
Elder Tan!

One of my goals before I leave Sitiawan will be to get home teaching started and going. It's a goal of mine before transfers come and possibly change things up next week. I know I keep saying that but it's going to happen! It's going to be crazy!!!!! 
I love being called to serve Him. It's the best!!!
Elder Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment