Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sept 5, 2013 - Where in the world am I going?



So you can have an idea where I am going... 
There are a couple of languages spoken in my mission - English, Mandarin Chinese, Malay, Tamil and Iban. Malay and Iban are mainly spoken in Malaysia. English is spoken in most businesses and is taught in school. Some chinese youth are fluent in 3 languages: Mandarin, English and Malay. There are alot of missionaries going right now that are speaking english. Some have even gotten phone calls from the Mission Pres. asking them to come early. I have not heard about very many Mandarin missionaries, have to admit, I'm kinda nervous and wondering about that. It will be interesting and fun to see how many Mandarin missionaries there are! I will get to experience year round warm,80 degree, tropical weather because Singapore is so close to the equator. But it also rains alot and I have been told that during the monsoon season, when I transfer areas, I should put my clothes and stuff in plastic baggies and garbage bags before putting them in my suitcase as a way to keep them from getting soaked as we transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment